Author Topic: SP2 - Problems with CAN  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Tino

• View Profile
SP2 - Problems with CAN
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »
Hi!

I try to compile SP2 with CAN_INTERFACE enabled.

In VS I get the following errors:
Error   1   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnCAN_get_rx referenced in function _entry_can   can_drv.obj   

Error   2   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnCAN_tx referenced in function _entry_can   can_drv.obj   

Error   3   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnConfigCAN referenced in function _fnOpenCAN   can_drv.obj   

Error   4   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnInitCAN referenced in function _fnOpenCAN   can_drv.obj   

The makefile gives the following errors:
Build\Driver.o: In function `fnOpen':
..\..\..\uTasker/Driver.c:160: undefined reference to `fnOpenCAN'

I tried to resolve it but had no luck.
Please help :)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: SP2 - Problems with CAN
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »
Hi Tino

I am sorry but the SAM7X project doesn't support the CAN driver. This is presently only supported by the M5223X Coldfire project. This means that the HW CAN routines are missing in the SAM7X project and it is not possible to activate CAN_INTERFACE in this project.

can_drv.c supports the HW interface which is (theoretically) HW independent. The 4 unresolved routines would need to be added to SAM7X.c to add the CAN support to the SAM7X project. This does however involve detailed knowledge of the CAN controller operation in the chip, plus some knowledge of CAN operation, and a series of tests to ensure it works as expected.

Regards

Mark