Author Topic: Zero-configuration protocol (AUTO-IP)  (Read 8434 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Zero-configuration protocol (AUTO-IP)
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »
Hi All

Please note that zero-configuration (AUTO-IP) protocol has been recently added to the uTasker TCP/IP stack. It is now available in the latest LPC2XXX release as a validated module and will be appearing in other packages as they are made available.

Full details are included in the Zero-Configuration User's Guide at http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTasker_zero_config.pdf.

This basically allows an IPv4 link-local address to be negotiated and used according to RFC 3927 so that nodes can communicate in an isolated network without any additional configuration (such as fixed IP address or DHCP).

Regards

Mark

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
Re: Zero-configuration protocol (AUTO-IP)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »
Great News,

Is it easily available for the Luminary release?

Thanks very much for this Mark

Regards

Martin

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:03:15 PM »
Hi Martin

It works with ARP so just need the new zero_config.c, updated ARP.c and updated tcpip.h (plus a few lines in application.c to get it started).

The simulator has been modified a fair bit recently, including the display of zero-config states (similar to how it displays the DHCP state when resolving the address), so I would probably have to do a package update for that to work easily.

I'll send you the abovementioned TCP/IP stack files - I am sure that you will have no problem dropping them in.

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
Martin

I just took LM3S V1.4 and added zero-config.

I had to make a couple of extra changes so I sent a couple more files than anticipated:
1) I took a new function from tcp.c called fnActiveTCP_connections(). This is used to check whether there are active TCP connections and to automatically close them if the link-local IP address has to be abandonned
2) Zero config is also a new task so this has to be added to the task list.
3) There are a couple of new interrupt event definitions so I sent a new driver.h too

If you add the new zero_config.c, update arp.c, use the initialisation in application.c, add the new task to TaskConfig.h you will get a few errors due to missing defines. Take these from the new headers (don't use directly otherwise a few other things will break) and you should be able to build.

In the simulator you see that the IP address is 0.0.0.0 when negotiating and the new link-local address 169.254.x.x is shown when it can be used.

Good luck

Regards

Mark

Offline phomann

• View Profile
    • Homann Designs
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:55:32 AM »
Hi Mark,

CAn you send me the new luminary files as well?

Cheers,

Peter.