Author Topic: CDC class driver for Windows 8  (Read 9507 times)

Offline svl

• View Profile
CDC class driver for Windows 8
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
Hi
After using the uTasker system for some time now with no problem I see that Microsoft release of Windows 8 is just around the corner.
I have had a request from our customer, how was asking for Windows 8 driver.
The .inf that I have been using for Windows XP and up to Windows 7 is not accepted by Windows 8.

I have been doing some digging and found that from Windows 8 driver has to be digital signed before they will work.
However I found a backdoor to install the driver. Simply boot Windows 8 in “Safe mode” and install the driver this way;-) This works, but is not a great solution. :-\

So my question is: Have any of you an idea of how to make a driver for Windows 8 that works in normal mode. ???

-Steen

Offline neil

• View Profile
Re: CDC class driver for Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 08:41:31 AM »
Hi Svl,
  I am using XP CDC, did you manage to get windows 7 64 and 32 bit versions? If so any chance of getting this info from you?

Thanks
Neil

Offline svl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
Ni Neil,

Yes, I have it working on both Windows 7 64 and 32 bit version.

I include my inf file, hope that you can use it :D. Remember change the PID and the VID and also the MANUFACTURER and DESCRIPTION at the end of the file. 

My college is at the moment looking for solution for Windows 8, but is looks at the moment as there it now easy way. :-\
But if you inf on then please let me know.

Regards
Steen

Offline neil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »
Hi Svl,
 Thanks very much for that. Will this work on Intel and AMD chipset ? And only require the inf file? 

I havent got Windows 8 yet, but I will post the inf for it, if I get a hold of it.

Thanks

Regards
Neil

Offline svl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
Hi Neil

We have customer all over the world and the driver has been installed on many different computers and i have never has a issus that the inf file not was working.
When we install our software we copy the inf file into the c:\Windows\inf folder. this way Windows will find the driver it self when connecting our USB equipment.

So I guess that the short answer to your question will yes;-)

Regards

Steen

Offline neil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
Hi Svl,

Thanks, cheers

Neil