Author Topic: uTasker Application Files Versioning  (Read 3691 times)

Offline AlexS

• View Profile
uTasker Application Files Versioning
« on: July 20, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »
Hi,

I'm wondering, given that the application code rests in Applications/ and the project configuration file is in the root folder, how should individual application files be versioned when using uTasker?

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: uTasker Application Files Versioning
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 05:49:26 PM »
Alex

Are you referring to KDS (or MCUXpressor, etc.) project files?

If so, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Rxdr0NKWE&index=23&list=PLWKlVb_MqDQFZAulrUywU30v869JBYi9Q

For IAR, Keil, etc. each /Application/x folder has its own unique project.

I have seen that it is possible to also locate Eclipse projects in sub-folders but didn't work out how to do it yet - if I find the trick I may change the method for "additional" application projects, although I also like having all my projects in a single Eclipse project (method in the video).

Regards

Mark

Offline AlexS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »
Thanks, saw the method described in the video before, but as I'm sharing my other code with the Process Expert projects it would've meant to keep two distinct repositories. I've ended up creating versioning my application folder outside of uTasker, with the main PE repository and keep uTasker separate as simply a framework repository.

Alex

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:58:07 PM »
Alex

I think that this is the same method that I use:
I have one repository for the "uTasker project". Then I have individual repositories for further application folders (that is, for further projects that use the frame work). This works well - normally one only works in the application folder during project development and can check in the work to its repo. When changes are made to the "uTasker project" - eg. a bug fix, an optimisation or a new feature - this is checked in t its repository and then can be pulled as framework to update all other projects with.

Regards

Mark