Author Topic: i.MX RT 1020 GPIO and Pin Multiplexing  (Read 4149 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
i.MX RT 1020 GPIO and Pin Multiplexing
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:47:34 AM »
Hi All

The following video shows the level of compatibility of uTasker projects with the i.MX RT 1020 (300MHz Cortex-M7) by looking a the GPIO and pin multiplexing philosophies and use of port macros: https://youtu.be/SmFTi8hlba0

The pin mux. spread sheet shown there is attached to this post.

The latest version of the document is included in the project folder: \Hardware\iMX\GPIO_PERIPHERALS

Regards

Mark

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:51:31 AM by mark »

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: i.MX RT 1020 GPIO and Pin Multiplexing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:59:43 PM »
Mark,

What is your plan regarding the i.MX series of application MCU's?  E.g. Are you planning to support these chips?  We are considering an i.MX8 for a project we are considering. We enjoy using uTasker and that would like to use uTasker, if the option exists.

Regards,

Phil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: i.MX RT 1020 GPIO and Pin Multiplexing
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 03:31:20 AM »
Phil

I don't know just yet. The i.MX RT parts are crossover parts so not overly big and some have a good amount of SRAM and Flash inside and so are real single-chip devices.

The big parts will tend to be used with Linux and there is no real sense in making something for them since it will never be used.

What I like about the i.MX RT parts too (I don't know the others in any detail) is that one has the feeling that they are an extension of the Kinetis parst since a lot is quite similar and various drivers are almost 100% compatible. It feels like a small embedded processor still but has that extra power (and things like dual Ethernet) - and at a price of about $2.70 in 10k quantity rather attractive!

Regards

Mark