Author Topic: uTasker, Eclipse (MCUXpresso), Visual Studio, and the Indexer  (Read 2792 times)

Offline tdrobnak

• View Profile
uTasker, Eclipse (MCUXpresso), Visual Studio, and the Indexer
« on: November 27, 2019, 05:14:45 PM »
The uTasker project uses definitions in application.c to enable specific features for testing:

#if !defined NO_PERIPHERAL_DEMONSTRATIONS
    #define _SPI_READ_CODE                                               // SPI reception checking
        #include "spi_tests.h"                                           // include SPI code to handle reception
    #undef _SPI_READ_CODE

#define _I2C_READ_CODE                                               // I2C reception checking
    #if !defined BLAZE_K22
        #include "i2c_tests.h"                                           // include I2C code to handle reception
    #endif
    #undef _I2C_READ_CODE

#define _ADC_POLL_CODE                                               // ADC polling operation
        #include "ADC_Timers.h"
    #undef _ADC_POLL_CODE

#define _PORT_NMI_CHECK                                              // {53}
        #include "Port_Interrupts.h"                                     // port interrupt timer interrupt event handling - ranges
    #undef _PORT_NMI_CHECK
#endif

Specifically, the i2c_tests.h file has TEST_DS1307 defined.  When looking at the code in:
   1. Visual Studio, the code defined for TEST_DS1307 is enabled to be compiled and shown unghosted.
   2. Eclipse (MCUXpresso), the code defined for TEST_DS1307 is enabled to be compiled and shown ghosted.

Visual Studio does a good job of showing code in the editor that will be executed.  Eclipse does not do this for code included in the C source file with the definition defined in the C source file.

Is there a setting in Eclipse to make it work like it does in Visual Studio?  I believe the Eclipse Indexer is responsible for associating code and definitions viewed with the editor used in the application.  I have set the indexer with the following settings shown in the attachment.  I have been using both Visual Studio to help identify code that will be executed for the Eclipse during development, but would like eliminate this duplication and have Eclipse correctly show the executed code in the editor.

Tom