Author Topic: Using uTasker 1.3with Multilink BDM  (Read 10564 times)

Offline Fabricioloren

• View Profile
Using uTasker 1.3with Multilink BDM
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:15:54 PM »
Hi Mark,

I want to load the uTasker 1.3 in the NE64 with the Multilink BDM. I have a custom made board and used to load the program with the serial monitor. I am using CodeWarrior 4.5 for HCS12

What changes I need to make to the configuration to make this posible?
Thanks

Fabricio

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Using uTasker 1.3with Multilink BDM
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:29:23 PM »
Hi Fabricio

There are no changes needed in the project build configuration. This is compatible, whether you have the serial monitor installed or not.

You should only have to change the debugger setting to select the BDM rather than serial.

Note that loading the code using the BDM will result in the serial monitor being overwritten. It is however possible to reload the serial monitor with the BDM if you ever need it again in the future.

Regards

Mark

PS. I haven't actually used the BDM with CW so I can't give any more details. Perhaps someone else with experience can give more detailsed tips.

Offline Jamier

• View Profile
Re: Using uTasker 1.3with Multilink BDM
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:32:47 AM »
Hi Fabricio,

I use the BMD with CW too and as I recall Mark is correct in that there is nothing to change in configuration (config.h). 

But you might want to change your linker a bit.  For example the original linker file has this line:

ROM_C000 = READ_ONLY  0xC000 TO 0xF7FF;

The address 0xF7FF leaves some room for the serial monitor.  If you need the space for one reason or another, you can change it to 0xFEFF.  This frees up some FLASH, but still leaves the last 256 bytes for vectors and reserve registers for FLASH.  If you plan to reload the serial monitor at a later time it might be better to create a separate target so you can leave the serial monitor linker as is and create a new linker file for the new target.

It's a minor thing, but it puzzled me for a bit since I need to make use of that space and it didn't work until I figured the linker reserved room for the serial monitor.

Jamie