Author Topic: on board Can interface  (Read 11663 times)

Offline mike.newsome

• View Profile
on board Can interface
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »
Hello Mark,

I see that the CAN interface on the sam7x is not supported (yet!), and I would be interested in using it. I have implemented CAN (before uTasker) on a sam7s with an MCP2515 spi based controller. I would be interested in implementing your interface on the 7X, and wondered if the m2553x.c code would be s useful starting point?

If so, could you point me at a download for it please?

Regards Mike

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
Re: on board Can interface
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:42:15 PM »
I would be interested in doing the same for the Luminary Micro chips, so pointers would be useful

Regards

Martin

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Hi Mike and Martin

I developed the CAN project for the Freescale in 2006. I was surprised however that I don't know of any real activity with it since then. The same is true for the CAN interfaces on other devices - the demand was seemingly never really there.

At least this explains why there is no driver available.

Since I haven't studied the CAN operation in the SAM7X I can't say at the moment exactly what is needed for it - I do however expect the controller to work quite differently to the Coldfire CAN controller that I did know at the time. I am hoping that the user interface (as described in http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerCAN.PDF) could be maintained; whether this is fully true - or realistic - will not be known until experience has been collected.

What I can do is send you the CAN driver (just handles the CAN queues) and the Coldfire reference driver.

Any volunteers to have a go with it??

Regards

Mark

Offline mike.newsome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »
Mark,

I will have a look at it certainly

Mike

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile