Author Topic: utasker commands..  (Read 9746 times)

Offline neil

• View Profile
utasker commands..
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »
Hi mark,
  I have now moved to codewarrior 7.1, and also starting a new project. With this version my code locks up when a memcpy(..) command is processed. I noticed in the demo that there is a uMemcpy(..) which works fine. What utasker commands are there ?

I have linked in :
fp_coldfire.a
c_4i_cf_msl.a
c_4i_cf_runtime.a

and to get floating point I done:

change file ansi_prefix.CF.size.h as follows:
#define _MSL_FLOATING_POINT     1
//#define _MSL_NO_MATH_LIB                    0
#undef _MSL_NO_MATH_LIB
#endif

#define _MSL_FLOATING_POINT_IO    1

Neil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: utasker commands..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
Hi Neil

memcpy() is being called from library code since the uTasker project uses only uMemcpy() - uMemcpy is equivalent  but can be configured to copy using DMA support which is quite a lot faster.

Check that the libraries are compiled to be compatible with the application. The application is compiled to use sub-routine parameter passing in registers (faster and smaller code). The libraries can be compiled (or are available) to work with this setting or parameter passing on the stack (as well as other options) and if they don't match, a library call (from the aplication) can result in a failure.

If you don't have it, try to get hold of the document "CodeWarrior Development Studio Coldfire(TM) Architectures Edition Build Tools Reference" from Freescale - it is somewhere on the Freescale web site - this document explains the various library versions and settings.

Also check the sub-routine calling in the debugger (as assember) and you may be able to identify the reason for failure, which then helps checking the correction.

Regards

Mark

Offline neil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »
Hi Mark,
  Thanks for the info.

Are there any other funtion that utasker has (like uMemcpy() instead of memcpy)? If so what documents are they described in?

Thanks
Neil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Hi Neil

These commands are not documented but there is a list of them in driver.h.

See the following also for an overview of routines in the project:

http://www.utasker.com/docs/Code.html

I think that the ones you are referring to should be added in a separate directory (under operating system). I will be working on getting the code documentation extended (force myself to add at least one description a day until it is complete...)

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
Hi Neil

A quick note to inform that I have updated the on-line code doc to include a list of these function calls.
http://www.utasker.com/docs/Code.html (see "Operating System" - "Library Replacement")
An introduction has been completed and the individual routine descriptions are the next step.

Regards

Mark