Author Topic: question regarding totorial uTasker 1.30 Coldfire M5223x  (Read 8558 times)

Offline mlsirkis

• View Profile
question regarding totorial uTasker 1.30 Coldfire M5223x
« on: July 29, 2008, 07:54:17 PM »
I am working through the tutorial for M5223X. At step 9 the instruction is to look in project directory, select all *.htm files and "throw them to the ftp window" using drag and drop.

My question:  where is the FTP window?

Thanks.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: question regarding totorial uTasker 1.30 Coldfire M5223x
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:02:34 PM »
Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting an answer to you (a few days holiday with no email...).

The tutorial was written with the IE6.0 FTP in mind. This allows a connection to the server (by entering ftp://192.168.0.3 in the URL) and afterwards this client windows can be used to very easily "drag-and-drop" files to the server (or copy them back, or delete them).

Unfortunately the newer IE7.0 doesn't allow this since it only displays the contents and requires that a second window be opened, which is very fiddly - so I never use it.

I suggest checking out the FTP document for an overview of the FTP operation and its limitations with regards to several FTP clients:
http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerFTP.PDF

In the SP7 for the M5223X project you will find bat files which allow simple copy of all web pages using DOS FTP, which is very practical since it is no longer client dependent.

Regards

Mark