Author Topic: AT26F004  (Read 8926 times)

Offline chronosdino

• View Profile
AT26F004
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:32:09 AM »
I have got an SPI Flash memory for webpage.

This memory is AT26F004.

I have try to make it work with the documents that you give but i need help.

could you say to me how to configure or change the code for this.

Thanks.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: AT26F004
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »
Hi

The uTasker package doesn't explicitly support the AT26F004. In fact I wouldn't recommend using this type for the file system since it has two characteristics which make it less suitable:
- it has a large granularity of 64k - this makes it more suitable for storing program code rather than files since it is necessary to delete large blocks when changes are made.
- it has a non-consistent sector size (16k, 2x8k, 32k and then 7x64k). This is useful for some applications where parameters will be stored in the smaller ones and large data/code in the larger ones, but for the file system this is an unnecessary complication - although possibly the first 4 smaller ones can be handled as a 64k block.

In addition to the above, the chip has a very different command set to the supported ones (AT45dbxxxx and STM25(P)xxx). To get the AT26F004 working would require a new driver development. As explained above, this type is not very suitable for file system use so I really think that it would be best to change to a more standard type.

Regards

Mark

Offline evgenik

• View Profile
Re: AT26F004
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:27:44 AM »
Hi chronosdino.

I am work with  AT26DF081A (this is the same family of Data Flash Memory).
You shall send to SPI flash before every call Write enable command and modify your fnSendSPIMessage() function in M5223X.c file that you call address and data with the same ChipSelect:
1) Chip select
2) Write enable command
3) fnSendSPIMessage() - modified by you
4) Chip select disable

in this order I work with my SPI flash.

Regards.
Evgeni.