Author Topic: Massstorage Task does not start  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Manish

• View Profile
Massstorage Task does not start
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
Good morning Mark,

Thank for giving MCI based Sdcard source code. Your code has being runing in my lpc2388 board with 8GB Micro SDCARD. but when i try to import this task in to my exiting utasker source  code it, could not generate. I have do this.

in Taskconfig.h

#define TASK_MASS_STORAGE       'Z'                                      // {5} mass storage task

in this table

const UTASK_TASK ctNodes[] = {           

TASK_MASS_STORAGE,                       

}

in this table

const UTASKTABLEINIT ctTaskTable[] =
{

{ "Z-mem",    fnMassStorage,  MEDIUM_QUE,  (DELAY_LIMIT)(NO_DELAY_RESERVE_MONO), 0, UTASKER_STOP

},

}

define function

extern void fnMassStorage(TTASKTABLE *ptrTaskTable);                                 // {5}

can you suggest me if any error to define this?

Regards,

Manish Dabhi

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Massstorage Task does not start
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 04:29:29 PM »
Hi Manish

In my project I am starting the mass-storage task from application.c

uTaskerStateChange(TASK_MASS_STORAGE, UTASKER_ACTIVATE);         // start mass storage task

If you don't have this it will not start with your present task settings.

You could also start it immediately by using UTASKER_ACTIVATE instead of UTASKER_STOP, or after a delay.

I think that I chose this method so that the task first attempts to work with the same start-up delay as the application task to ensure that the power has been stable for long enough - most development boards that I have don't have an extra power switch for the SD card slots so this start-up delay is useful.

Regards

Mark