Author Topic: M52259 TOWER - TFT display and Temperature/humidity sensor  (Read 23852 times)

Offline jezc

• View Profile
Re: M52259 TOWER - TFT display and Temperature/humidity sensor
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
Hi Mark,

I've just tried to build the simulator version without the GLCD support (commented out '#define SUPPORT_GLCD' in config.h) & it's failing to build -

1>Linking...
1>LCDSim.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnPenMoved referenced in function "int __cdecl fnPenDown(int,int,int)" (?fnPenDown@@YAHHHH@Z)
1>LCDSim.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnPenPressed referenced in function "int __cdecl fnPenDown(int,int,int)" (?fnPenDown@@YAHHHH@Z)
1>LCDSim.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fnPenLifted referenced in function "int __cdecl fnPenDown(int,int,int)" (?fnPenDown@@YAHHHH@Z)
1>.\Debug/uTaskerV1-4.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Not a huge problem at present (while I'm running development code on the simulator), but I haven't got the LCD for the tower yet and I think you said it would hang if it's built into the code but not fitted?

Cheers,
    Jez

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
Jez

Try a project clean and rebuild - these functions shouldn't be needed when there is no GLCD used and sometimes VS doesn't recompile all files after a change.

If it turns out to still be a problem remove SUPPORT_TOUCH_SCREEN from the hardware configuration file because this is specifically used for simulating the touchscreen operation.

Regards

Mark

Offline jezc

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »
Hi Mark,

Yes, doing the clean first has done the trick as you expected! I'd tried a rebuild all with no success, will have to make a note to do a clean every time I change a macro definition, just to be safe!

Thanks again for the excellent support! ;D

Cheers,
    Jez

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:22:34 AM »
Hi Jez,

I use the Luminary Micro Version of uTasker, and its my experience that VC does sometimes to recognise that a change in a header file means that it needs to recompile a cpp file. So if your change effects something in the simulator best to do a full build. Never have gotten to the bottom of this "feature".

Cheers

Martin

Offline jezc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information/confirmation - I'll check with some of my colleagues if they have a similar problem with their native Visual Studio projects (though they're mostly using C# nowadays).

I'll also see if they can try the project with a 'full' version of Visual Studio (rather than express), just in case that's a factor too.

I'll let you know if I find anything more about this.

Cheers,
    Jez

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:44 PM »
Hi Jez,

I use a full version of VC, and to clarify it seems like a change to a header file triggers dependant C files to be recompiled, but sometimes not C++ files (i.e. the simulator files). As an example if I have a GLCD emulated and then change its size and just try to run again, this change has not occurred in the simulator. A full compile fixes it.

Martin