Author Topic: SDCARD_SUPPORT manifest and utfat support  (Read 7365 times)

Offline marcelo_

• View Profile
SDCARD_SUPPORT manifest and utfat support
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
Hi Mark
It's me again, regarding debug messages I saw when connecting to telnet server ( "TIMEOUT!!!" and "No valid SD-card" )
I found that I had SDCARD_SUPPORT defined. After I commented it, the errors disappeared, obviusly.

What I want to ask is if that is the only manifest required to get FAT support, even if I will try a USB device, like a pen drive.

TIA

Regards
Marcelo

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: SDCARD_SUPPORT manifest and utfat support
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
Hi Marcelo

The project doesn't support pen drives (memory sticks) at the moment because there is no USB host driver.

The development version does include USB mass storage support where the board acts like a pen drive - that is, the PC sees it as a hard drive and can access an SD card connected to the processor. This is shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdtRyQ-2IrE (at time = 6:15)

Regards

Mark

Offline marcelo_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:14 PM »
Hi Mark
Thank you for your answer. I was understanding that I could access locally an USB storage device.
Do you plan to add a USB host driver to the project?
Regards
Marcelo

Edited: But from the video, it seems to me that the pictures are taken from the SD card. Or that is a feature of the tower board?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:30:36 PM by marcelo_ »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:54:53 PM »
Hi Marcelo

In the video the processor can read and write the SD card. Also the PC can do the same via USB MSD (mass storage device class), whereby the Tower kit looks like a USB pen to the PC.

It is possible to also connect a USB pen to the Tower kit so that the processor can read that but this is not supported at the moment. I am hoping that this will be developed in the future but it has proven difficult to start on the USB host/OTG work, also due to the fact that there are still open USB developments that need to be completed beforehand.

The fact that the utFAT is available will however allow USB memory sticks to be worked with once a driver is ready.

Regards

Mark