Author Topic: Increase parameter timeout from 3 minutes to 5 minutes  (Read 7108 times)

Offline alager

• View Profile
Increase parameter timeout from 3 minutes to 5 minutes
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »
I'm trying to increase the timeout for network parameter validation from 3 minutes to 5 minutes, but I just can't seem to find how this is set.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'm using version 1.3

Thanks,
Aaron

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Increase parameter timeout from 3 minutes to 5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
Hi Aaron

This is in application.c as follows:

if (!iAppState) {
        parameters = uMalloc(sizeof(PARS));                              // get RAM for a local copy of device parameters
        temp_pars  = uMalloc(sizeof(TEMPPARS));                          // get space for a backup of all modifiable parameters
        if (fnGetOurParameters(0) == TEMPORARY_PARAM_SET) {
            uTaskerMonoTimer( OWN_TASK, (DELAY_LIMIT)(2*60*SEC), E_TIMER_VALIDATE );// we have test parameters and wait for them to be validated else reset
            iAppState = STATE_VALIDATING;
        }

It is in fact 2 minutes - no need to explain how to increase to 5 minutes....;-)

Regards

Mark

Offline alager

• View Profile
Re: Increase parameter timeout from 3 minutes to 5 minutes
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
Thanks Mark!  I'd would like to point out that the included web pages and the documentation in the forums (various explanations of how things work) all say 3 minutes.

BTW, the reason for increasing this is for the scenario when the user is changing from one network address to a different network, eg. from a 10.10.1.x network to a 192.168.1.x network.  This requires the user to reconfigure their computer, and on vista and win7, they have a tough time getting it done in time before the card reverts to the previous network settings.

Aaron