Author Topic: uTaskerV1.4.3 AVR32 w/ EVK1105  (Read 17893 times)

Offline kmjackson

• View Profile
uTaskerV1.4.3 AVR32 w/ EVK1105
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:57:32 AM »
Mark,

I'm using uTaskerV1.4.3 with IAR and a EVK1105.  It builds and downloads OK, but when I press the reset button LED0 flashes about 4 times and the LCD screen blinks.  The cycle repeat itself over and over.  I believe the board is resetting itself.  I tried it on 2 boards, and the results are the same.  I'm trying to run the default project ( no changes made,... just build and download).  Have you seen this before?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: uTaskerV1.4.3 AVR32 w/ EVK1105
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »
Hi

This sounds as though the watchdog is firing after a couple of seconds. Double-check that the project is configured for the correct board in config.h [AVR32_EVK1105] and that SUPPORT_GLCD is not active.

Also try a pre-built version from the SW-Demo side:
http://www.utasker.com/SW_Demos.html

This should run on the EVK1105 and, if it does, confirms a difference due to your build.

Regards

Mark

Offline kaequan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
hi mark,

i just got my hands on the evk1105 recently and i am a newbie at this , i downloaded the utasker demo binary image and run the .bin files , everything seems okay, the TFT is showing a line of text, the LEDs are on and blinking as said in the instruction , but i cant seem to ping the board ? any idea what i did wrong or how can i ping the board with the default IP(192.168.0.3).

Thanks in advance for the help

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:09:21 PM »
Hi

The board has a default IP address of 192.168.0.3 and sub-net mask 255.255.255.0. Your network needs to match this to be able to communicate - which means that you need an address in the same sub-net [eg. if you have a PC with address 192.168.1.100 it will not work since it is not in the same sub-net, whereby 192.168.0.100 would work].

The board that you are using also has a UART connected to a virtual com port (see chapter 5 of http://www.utasker.com/docs/AVR32/uTaskerV1-4_AVR32.PDF). This also offers a command line menu to configure different settings in case you need to change them. Usually it is quite easy to set matching settings at the PC for a quick test and later modify the default settings of the project to suit the development environment.

Regards

Mark

Offline kaequan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:03:44 AM »
hi mark,

thanks , after changing the IP , it worked like a charm  :D
i've been doing some testing on the board , the board comes with a default mp3 player which requires a
storage device with songs inserted to be able to play it , my problem is that i notice there's a SD card slot
mounted below the board but it cant seem to be able to detect my SD card but it worked with a thumbdrive
my thought was maybe the player was not programed to detect the SD card slot , but is there any examples that can enable me to test the SD card slot ?

Thanks again for the help

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
Hi

There are no AVR32 binaries with SD card activated. The uTasker project does include SD card support though if you would like to build it yourself.

I will look in to adding a new binary including SD card for displaying images from - watch the SW/Live demos page...

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »
Hi

I have just added a new demo for the AVR32 EVK1105 on the SW/Live demo page. http://www.utasker.com/SW_Demos.html#AVR32_EVK1105.

This will run a dot based TFT demo if no valid SD card (FAT32 formatted) is inserted in the slot. If a valid card is found it will display a blue screen. If the SD card has a directory called "pics" all BMPs found in that directory (these should be 320 x 240 in non-compressed 24bit color format) will be displayed on the TFT in form of a slide show.

The files system on the SD card can be viewed via TELNET, FTP or via the serial interface when the SD card is inserted.

Regards

Mark

Offline kaequan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:54:48 AM »
hi mark,

I've downloaded the program onto the EVK1105 board but it doesn't seem to detect the SD card , my SD card is FAT32 formatted and i have included the directory "pics" with the 2 sample images , but it doesn't show upon boot screen, any ideas what's wrong

thanks.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
Hi

Try the command line interface via UART or TELNET to see whether there are errors when trying to mount the card. If you follow the user's guide (with details about the interface and the command available) http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTasker_utFAT.PDF it should be possible to identify whether there is problem with the card or the directory structure.

Regards

Mark