Author Topic: also the 52235evb'CAN send data!  (Read 8217 times)

Offline tr111

• View Profile
also the 52235evb'CAN send data!
« on: November 22, 2007, 09:11:56 AM »
static void fnConfigCAN_BUS(void)
{
CANTABLE tCANParameters; // table for passing information to driver
tCANParameters.Task_to_wake = OWN_TASK; // wake us on buffer events
tCANParameters.Channel = 0;        // first hardware interface       
 tCANParameters.ulSpeed = 100000;    // 100K speed
tCANParameters.ulTxID = 0x80;       // default ID of destination                           
tCANParameters.ulRxID = (CAN_EXTENDED_ID | 0x00000105);  // our ID                           
tCANParameters.ulRxIDMask = CAN_EXTENDED_MASK;
                                // use all bits for compare
tCANParameters.usMode = 0x01;      // use lpb mode
tCANParameters.ucTxBuffers = 2; // assign two tx buffers for use
tCANParameters.ucRxBuffers = 3; // assign three rx buffers for use

CAN_interface_ID = fnOpen( TYPE_CAN, FOR_I_O, &tCANParameters );

}

static void fnSENDCAN_BUS(void)
{

unsigned char ucTestMessage[] = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7};  // Test message
if (fnWrite(CAN_interface_ID, ucTestMessage, sizeof(ucTestMessage))
                                 != sizeof(ucTestMessage)) {
    // Error. Eg. no transmission buffer free
fnDebugMsg("\n\r SENT ERROR\n\r");

}

tCANParameters.usMode = 0x01;      // use lpb mode
this is  the CAN_LOOPBACK,and the  fnWrite(CAN_interface_ID, ucTestMessage, sizeof(ucTestMessage)) is OK!
but I can't get anything from the CAN-BUS using the OSCILLOSCOPE!

what about the tCANParameters.Channel = 0;        // first hardware interface       
the 52235 have more CANTX and CANRX ,now we are use the PASPAR |= 0xa0;                                                      // configure AS port 2,3 as CAN

I don't sure the  set #define NUMBER_CAN 3,now WE are use the #define NUMBER_CAN 2.

how can I get the data?????? I don't know!

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: also the 52235evb'CAN send data!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:26:56 PM »
Hi

I don't remember exactly how the loop mode is realised but it may be that it is an internal loop and so no data is actually sent out onto the bus. In this case it is possibly normal that no data can be measured with an oscilloscope, but the message may still be received.

The number NUMBER_CAN can be set to reserve resources for each 'logical' CAN interface which you need. The maximum amount of logical interfaces possible depends on the CAN controller in the processor. If you simply open one CAN interface a value of 1 is adequate. If you have two logical interfaces (eg. 2 tasks which can be viewed as independent TX/RX addresses on the CAN bus) it can be set to 2, etc. Although the M5223X has only one physical CAN interface it supports up to 8 logical interfaces, each with its own address on the CAN bus.

Regards

Mark

PS. When developing with the CAN bus it is useful to have a CAN module which can be used to analyse data on the bus and generate traffic - this also acts as a sink to the CAN interface. Alternatively 2 development boards can be used to ensure that the basic CAN HW protocol can operate correctly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:29:51 PM by mark »