Author Topic: Problem to get Sdcard's file from FTP  (Read 7332 times)

Offline Manish

• View Profile
Problem to get Sdcard's file from FTP
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »
Dear mark,

Marry Christmas, I think you are enjoyed 25th, enjoying 31st and will be enjoy 1st New Year. While I am downloading any of file of SDcard using FTP , it goes slow, then disconnect, I am able to upload any file in SDcard using FTP but didnt get file from sdcard using FTP command get 1.txt or recv 1.txt . so you please suggest me is there any problem in my configuration or just a limitation?   

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Problem to get Sdcard's file from FTP
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »
Hi Manish

The FTP server doesn't support "recv" - in this case it will responds with a 500 (unknown command).
"Get" should be no problem.

This means that I can't explain why you are having difficulties with retrieving files via FTP - it is best to upload a WireShark recording to show the actual FTP traffic; maybe there is something visible that can help explain a problem.

Regards

Mark

Offline Manish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »
Thanks Mark,

When I am trying to upload file from get command , uploading file from sdcard to PC using FTP.  But I need more help for FTP uploading.

My problem is that I am creating a file in a day and updating data in file at rate of one second. After a, whole day storing a 10 MB data in a day , while I am trying upload file, it uploading but it also give data of internal flash mean what we have write in Flash also. so can you focus on this how this possible. because If I am trying loading a small size file it upload proper else create while filesize more then 1 MB.

Thank in Advadnce.
Manish Dabhi 

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
Hi Manish

If I have understood correctly, once the file grows to beyond about 1MByte in size it can be copied via FTP using the get command but its content is not correct; in this case you are seeing content that is from somewhere else (specifically from data stored in the internal FLASH of the processor).

Could you read the file from the SD card by putting the SD card in the PC (or reader) to see whether the file itself contains this data? This would help identify whether the file is corrupted or whether the transfer has an error. If you do find that some data in the content is not as expected it may mean that there is a problem with the saving or it could also mean that the application is saving some data to the card that you expected to be saved to the internal FLASH, which may also mean that the application is making a mistake(?)

Regards

Mark