Author Topic: Utasker kinetis and usb masse storage  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Kuroro

• View Profile
Utasker kinetis and usb masse storage
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:35:32 PM »
Hi mark

I would like to know if the beta version of utasker for kinetis currently include usb masse storage to SD card ?, an also if utasker currently use the esdhc port available on the kinetis with utfat ?

Thank's
Best regard

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Utasker kinetis and usb masse storage
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
Hi

The SDHC port is not yet supported - this is something which is however very interesting in the Kinetis K60 and so it is a point that will probably get solved shortly (note also that wireless LAN interfaces are increasingly popular in SD card format and SDHC interface so this is a further point that makes SDHC even more interesting.

USB driver code is inlcuded but it hasn't been tested yet. It seems to be essentially compatible with the M522XX USB (although has some additional features) and doesn't need to swap USB pointers between little-and big-endian mode - note that the M522XX is big-endian but its USB controller works with little-endian pointers.

Furthermore, the Kinetis has a different SPI interface (not QSPI) and so also SD card will not work without adapting this port. Thsi shoudln't be a big job though since basic SPI operation is usually quite simple.

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Utasker kinetis and usb masse storage
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:32:01 PM »
Hi

Update: I have now a working version of the utFAT using the SDHC controller in the Kinetis.
I still need to integrate the SDHC controller model into the Kinetis simulator (not a big job but needs to be done before fully completed) and then it will be included in the next development version.

Regards

Mark