Author Topic: how to configure SPI pins for bootloading (STM32F405)  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Alex1982

• View Profile
how to configure SPI pins for bootloading (STM32F405)
« on: June 14, 2023, 06:25:11 PM »
Hello!
I'd like to create an SD bootloader for the STM32F405RGTx except I'm using SPI for the SD card interface, not SDIO

Can you please advise how to proceed to set up SPI card and where to define the SPI pins?

I'm using utaskerSerialBoot V1.4.3 within uVision Keil IDE, compiling fine!

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Alex

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: how to configure SPI pins for bootloading (STM32F405)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:30:40 PM »
Hi Alex

If you look in app_hw_stm32.h there are some setups for SDHC and SPI interfaces.

For example:

Code: [Select]
                // Configure to suit SD card SPI mode at between 100k and 400k
                //
                #define SDCARD_CS                  PORTC_BIT11
                #define SDCARD_MISO                PORTB_BIT4
                #define SDCARD_MOSI                PORTB_BIT5
                #define SDCARD_CLK                 PORTB_BIT3
                #define INITIALISE_SPI_SD_INTERFACE() _CONFIG_PORT_OUTPUT(C, SDCARD_CS, (OUTPUT_FAST | OUTPUT_PUSH_PULL)); _SETBITS(C, SDCARD_CS); \
                        POWER_UP(APB1, RCC_APB1ENR_SPI3EN); \
                        _CONFIG_PERIPHERAL_INPUT(B, (PERIPHERAL_SPI3_I2S3ext), (SDCARD_MISO), (INPUT_PULL_UP)); \
                        _CONFIG_PERIPHERAL_OUTPUT(B, (PERIPHERAL_SPI3_I2S3ext), (SDCARD_CLK | SDCARD_MOSI), (OUTPUT_PUSH_PULL | OUTPUT_MEDIUM)); \
                        RCC_APB1RSTR |= RCC_APB1RSTR_SPI3RST; RCC_APB1RSTR &= ~RCC_APB1RSTR_SPI3RST; \
                        SPI3_CR1 = (SPICR1_BR_PCLK2_DIV128 | SPICR1_MSTR | SPICR1_SSI | SPICR1_CPOL | SPICR1_CPHA | SPICR1_SSM); \
                        SPI3_I2SCFGR = 0; \
                        SPI3_CR1 = (SPICR1_SPE | SPICR1_BR_PCLK2_DIV128 | SPICR1_MSTR | SPICR1_SSI | SPICR1_CPOL | SPICR1_CPHA | SPICR1_SSM);

#define SHARE_SPI                                        // ensure that LCD operations are terminated to avoid conflicts
                #define POWER_UP_SD_CARD()                               // apply power to the SD card if appropriate
                #define ENABLE_SPI_SD_OPERATION()
                // Set maximum speed
                //
                #define SET_SPI_SD_INTERFACE_FULL_SPEED() SPI3_CR1 = (SPICR1_SPE | SPICR1_BR_PCLK2_DIV2 | SPICR1_MSTR | SPICR1_SSI | SPICR1_CPOL | SPICR1_CPHA | SPICR1_SSM)
                #if defined _WINDOWS
                    #define WRITE_SPI_CMD(byte)      SPI3_DR = (unsigned short)byte; SPI3_DR = _fnSimSD_write((unsigned char)byte)
                    #define WAIT_TRANSMISSON_END()   while ((SPI3_SR & SPISR_TXE) == 0) { SPI3_SR |= SPISR_TXE;} \
                                                     while (SPI3_SR & SPISR_BSY) {SPI3_SR &= ~SPISR_BSY;}
                #else
                    #define WRITE_SPI_CMD(byte)      SPI3_DR = (unsigned short)byte
                    #define WAIT_TRANSMISSON_END()   while ((SPI3_SR & SPISR_TXE) == 0) {} \
                                                     while (SPI3_SR & SPISR_BSY)
                #endif
                #define READ_SPI_DATA()              (unsigned char)SPI3_DR

#define SET_SD_DI_CS_HIGH()           _CONFIG_PORT_OUTPUT(C, SDCARD_MISO, (OUTPUT_FAST | OUTPUT_PUSH_PULL)); _SETBITS(C, SDCARD_MISO); _SETBITS(C, SDCARD_CS) // force DI and CS lines high ready for the initialisation sequence
                #define SET_SD_CARD_MODE()            _CONFIG_PORT_INPUT(C, (SDCARD_MISO), (INPUT_PULL_UP | PULLUP_BIT11));
                #define SET_SD_CS_LOW()               _CLEARBITS(C, SDCARD_CS) // assert the CS line of the SD card to be read
                #define SET_SD_CS_HIGH()              _SETBITS(C, SDCARD_CS) // negate the CS line of the SD card to be read

Using this as reference you can adapt the SPI instance and pins to match your HW.

Regards

Mark