Author Topic: edit UART setup  (Read 5616 times)

intern

edit UART setup
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:51:03 AM »
I need to edit the uTasker V1.4 so it uses different pin numbers for the rs232, but i don't seem to find it..
I use the m5225x, so in the m5225x_port.h i have found all the pin numbers, but i can't find RXD og TXD, which are the ones i need.

Hope you guys can help me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:15:50 PM by intern »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: edit UART setup
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
Hi

There are two selections that are needed:
- you can specify which of the UARTs are to be used when opening the interface.
tInterfaceParameters.Channel = 0; // specify the UART to be opened (0, 1, 2 etc.)
- some of the UARTs (depending on chip type) have several pin multiplexing options which can be seletced in app_hw_m5223x.h

//#define UART1_ON_QS                                                  // alternative UART pin mapping
  //#define UART2_ON_AS                                                  // alternative UART pin mapping (set automatically with 64 and 80 pin package)
  //#define UART2_ON_UB                                                  // alternative UART pin mapping

// Alternative UART mapping for M52XX
    //
  //#define UART2_TXON_AS_4                                              // (only M5214 or M5216)
  //#define UART2_TXON_AS_2                                              // UTXD2 default is otherwise on AS[0]
  //#define UART2_RXON_AS_5
  //#define UART2_RXON_AS_3                                              // URXD2 default is otherwise on AS[1]

If not using the standard UART pins, one of these may be enabled to map to some alternative ports.

Regards

Mark