Author Topic: problems with uTasker in KDS  (Read 7110 times)

Offline carlos789

• View Profile
problems with uTasker in KDS
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »
Hi:
Im trying to compile and flash the utasker project using Kinetis Desing Studio in ubuntu 15.04... No compilation nor flash errors show up, but it is not working... pinging to the device says "Host is unreachable"...

One difference i noticed from when compiling and downloading with uKeil is that the led is not flashing when i use KDS to download the program, so i assume that something is wrong, but as i have no error messages i cannot se what.. Have anyone benn succesfull in using KDS with uTasker?

Thanks

Offline carlos789

• View Profile
Re: problems with uTasker in KDS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:35:22 PM »
Hi: Now the led flashes... apparently what an issue with the name, i had renamed it to ustasker1.4-SIC... restoring it as previously worked, but i can't still ping to the board... I'm using FRDM-K64F...

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »
Carlos

KDS uses GCC as compiler - if you follow the guide at http://www.utasker.com/kinetis/compilers.html#KDS you can check that everything matches.
The LED must flash at 2.5Hz otherwise there is something wrong and the code is not operating.

Ensure that Ethernet is enabled in config.h and check that the IP address is as expected by checking the IP configuration in the LAN menu (on debug interface).

I work mainly with GCC so there shouldn't be any problems with KDS.

Regards

Mark

Offline carlos789

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:18:51 PM »
Hi Mark:
Thanks for the reply, the settings where ok...
The problem is when i try to change the IP direction in line 426 of application.c... It does not matter what i put there, it preserves the IP address i previously set in the first time... for exmaple, i first set the ip to 192.168.0.3... Everything worked perfect, then in KDS i set the ip address 192.168.0.2, but the device is still responding to 192.168.0.3... if i erase the device with uVision IDE (it has a button for that), then i can set the ip i want... but fron KDS apparently the flash is not being correcly erased... Do you know why this may happen?

Previously, the device was configured with a not valid subnet mask and ip address, but to change it i had to erase the device with uVision... it would be nice if i could do that from KDS, perhaps some settings are wrong, but i can't figure out which

Thanks

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 11:20:55 PM »
Carlos

If you change the default IP settings they will only be used when there are none already valid in Flash.
You can force the new value to be used by fully deleting Flash before loading.

You can however always modify and save the value in the LAN menu (on debug interface).

Regards

Mark