Author Topic: Filename convention documentation incorrect?  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Jamier

• View Profile
Filename convention documentation incorrect?
« on: February 18, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »
Hi Mark,

I noticed while trying out TFTP upload that it appears the filenames beginning with uppercase letters came before file with names beginning with lowercase letters.

This contradicts the what is stated in the document http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerFileSystem.PDF which says "The file locations count from ‘0’ to ‘9’, and then from ‘a’ to ‘z’, then from ‘A’ to ‘Z’."

From this description I would expect 'a' to follow '9' but it seemed that 'A' followed '9' with my testing... actually the problem manifested when i tried to upload a ~48k file named 'gfake.bin' and TFTP would always throw an error because there wasn't enough disk space.  When I renamed the file to "Gfake.bin" the upload could proceed to completion.

I am using uTasker v1.3 SP1 for NE64 but this doesn't seem to be a hardware specific issue.

Jamie

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Filename convention documentation incorrect?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »
Hi Jamie

This is a document error. As you have noticed, the ordering is 'A..Z' followed by 'a..z' - this error is known but the document still needs to be modified (on the waiting list...).

If you look in \Applications\uTaskerV1.3\WebPages\WebPagesNE64\FileSystem\FileSystemNE64.doc you will see that this reference is correct.

Sorry about that.

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Filename convention documentation incorrect?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
Hi

Note that the file system documents on the web site http://www.utasker.com/docs/documentation.html have been correspondingly corrected.

Regards

Mark