Author Topic: New Luminary parts and packages  (Read 11248 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
New Luminary parts and packages
« on: March 17, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »
Hi All

Here's a copy of news from Luminary Micro about the introduction of 20 new parts (that makes 124 different now available) as well as new temperature and package options.

"Twenty new Stellaris family members providing cost-effective entry points and precise motion control support are immediately available for order. Additionally, Luminary Micro extends the capability and reach of the entire Stellaris family by announcing a new small BGA (ball-grid array) package option with a space-saving 10mm by 10mm footprint and a new extended temperature option with a -40 to 105 degrees Celsius operating temperature range."

See the original news release at: http://www.luminarymicro.com/products/whats_new.html

Regards

Mark

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
Re: New Luminary parts and packages
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi Mark,

Just wondering if you have any news on the release of uTasker for the Luminary parts, even in beta form.

Regards

Martin

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:30:10 AM »
Hi Martin

I had two problems. First was a lack of time to do much work on the Luminary devices; second was a problem with the GNU build and some debugging difficulties (probably due to a local PC configuration).

But today I received a little help from Paul at Rowley Consultants (Crossworks) and finally the GNU build seems to be running well - I have it on line on a LM3S8962 at http://demo.uTasker.com

This means that I will be completing the tutorial (based on IAR and Rowley [GCC]) - I need to also use the LMI serial loaders which I haven't tried yet - and then a version will (finally) be ready.

Since Luminary Micro has also some nice small chips (24 pin housing) the first version also include support for these - the many derivitives between the LM3S10X and LM3S8962 can then be filled in as time goes on.

Sorry about the delay - I will email all people signed up for the beta version as soon as possible!!

Regards

Mark

Offline mhoneywill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
Thanks Mark for the supper quick reply (As always).

I eagerly await your beta release as I have a 6965 demo board just waiting to be uTasked :-)

These chips look very interesting.

Regards

Martin

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »
Martin

Great - I have tested on the LM3S6965 board from Luminary.
Shouldn't be too long now...

Regards

Mark