Author Topic: First Tests with SerialLoader, stuck on "File valid" from SD card?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline jackking

• View Profile
Hello,

I have started to work with uTasker SerialLoader on an Embedded Artists iMX1062 EVK.  I can successfully write the Serial Loader with MCUBootUtility, but when I place "software.bin" on the SD card and the Loader picks it up, it just stops on "File valid".

If I used the USB-MSD method, by placing the software.bin from the PC on UPLOAD_DISK, then it works correctly.

Any ideas why it wouldn't use the software.bin directly from the SD card?

Here is a video of my entire process:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:33:40 PM by jackking »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: First Tests with SerialLoader, stuck on "File valid" from SD card?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 04:09:30 AM »
Hi Jack

Could you try with the serial loader attached?

I just built it and tested on my EA board and the SD card loading worked:

uTasker Serial Loader V2.0
===========================
[0x60020100/0x6009ffff]
IP add = 192.168.1.125
MAC add = 00-00-00-00-00-05
bc = blank check
dc = delete code
ld = start load
bt = start boot loader
go = start application
> Enumerated
SD-Card present
File valid
Software Updated

Beware that in both SD card and USB cases (USB only when file is already there) the original application area (512k in size) is deleted - between "File valid" and "Software Updated" and this takes about 15s to complete so if you don't wait it looks to hang. You will see the LED flashing a little during the process. The long delay is due to the very slow erase time of the EcoXIP flash on the EA board (it is fast in reading but more than 10x slower to erase than other typical ones).

You can load the reference application file at https://www.utasker.com/iMX/iMX_RT1062_OEM.html

Regards

Mark

Offline jackking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 01:42:00 PM »
Mark,

Thanks, I reinstalled the SerialLoader with the .bin file in your post and retried the (software.bin) SD-Card application update from SD Card and it worked!

What is the difference between the one you posted and the one on the EA iMXRT1062 page?

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 01:53:01 PM »
Hi Jack

I didn't re-test the one on the page but it "believe" it worked when I originally posted it there (unless I just verified USB at the time?).

In any case the loader can be built successfully for this target with the latest repository version (which is newer, has more features and has been much better verified than the original reference on the page).

I'll retest the original later and maybe replace it on the reference page to be sure.

Regards

Mark