Author Topic: Compiler Issue  (Read 2051 times)

Offline neil

• View Profile
Compiler Issue
« on: January 14, 2024, 01:29:59 PM »
Hi
  I understand this isnt a processor issue, but wonder if someone else has come across this before , and hopefully found a fix.

I am using Codewarrior 7.1 on Windows 10, and been working well for a few years now. But for some reason during debugging it doesnt display the variable values correctly. For some reason it simply repeats the variable name, see the attached.

Best Regards
Neil

Offline neil

• View Profile
Re: Compiler Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 09:34:08 PM »
Hi Mark,
  Because of the issues, I thought maybe better to upgrade, so I have downloaded Codewarrior v10.5 and V11.  Looking at the page https://www.utasker.com/kinetis/compilers.html#CW10  it mentions how to convert a current application (V7.1) to V10.x . Would this work for V11, or V10.5?

Looking at a previous post a while back, https://www.utasker.com/forum/index.php?topic=2042.0  , I started to try the upgrade, but got V7.1 to work. But now I am thinking of doing the upgrade.

I got stuck as I dont have  folders ".settings", ".cproject" etc.  as mentioned in the first paragraph of the conversion link above. And also I dont have a "project_settings" folder, or any "."folder.   These things are mentioned before starting codewarrior 10.0.

Many Thanks
Neil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 09:42:03 PM »
Hi Neil

It is a number of years since I last worked with Coldifre and with the CW IDEs, therefore I haven't had any practice for a very long time.
However there is a CW10 project in
\Applications\uTaskerV1.4\CodeWarrior_M522XX_CW10
and the IDE's project settings are in \Applications\uTaskerV1.4\CodeWarrior_M522XX_CW10\ProjectSettings - the content of that folder needs to be copied to the root of the project (above \Applications) and that should allow your to test that the CW 10 or 11 version can build the reference project [I haven't tested this for a very long time so can't guarantee there is not an incompatibility somewhere in the later versions but any issues will be due to prototype changes or new defines needing to be set somewhere, thus easily fixable].

Good luck

Regards

Mark

Offline neil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 07:17:56 PM »
Hi Mark,
  My version doesnt have a CW10 project, would it be possible to get a copy of this?

Best Regards
Neil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 08:13:58 PM »
Hi Neil

I have attached the missing folder as zip file.

Regards

Mark