Author Topic: SNMP problem  (Read 9047 times)

Offline jedas

• View Profile
SNMP problem
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:55:53 AM »
I'm Trying to use snmp feature on the utasker. Coldstart traps after power up seems to work. Atleast I do see the generated packet on the network.

Problem occurs then trying to GET value from the device. Incase of simulator, program crashes with message similar to:

The instruction at "0x0b0b0b0b" referenced at "0x0b0b0b0b". The memory could not be "read".

If I try program in the real device, it doesn't respond back any packet also, and get rebooted (i see coldstart trap being generated).
Other requests like GetNext are ignored and doesn't seem to cause a crash. By placing debug points, I've found that crash occures at fnFormatFrame function.

Anyone have noticed such behavior? Any clues what can be done against this problem? Can we expect snmp v2,v3 supported anytime soon?

Configuration:
uTasker SP6,
CodeWarrior 6.3 build 14
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
M52235EVB with BDM
WinXP
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:07:35 AM by jedas »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: SNMP problem
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:19:25 AM »
Hi Jedas

The SNMP support is limited to a quite restricted demonstration (please read the note in the snmp.c file). It therefore only supports a few examples such as the traps and a couple of GETs.
I can't exclude that it can also crash when something is requested which hasn't been handled.

However a user (Andriy K) has very kindly contributed back his own implimentation of SNMPV1. He has used it for real projects and is working on V2c. Although this is not presently integrated in the uTasker project I can send you it - unsupported at the moment. Please contact me directly if this is an option for you.

Best regards

Mark

Offline jedas

• View Profile
Re: SNMP problem
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »
Thank you for the prompt response. Contacts in PM.