Author Topic: Default NetBios name  (Read 8444 times)

MarcV

Default NetBios name
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »
OK, here goes another of my questions.

I'm currently examinging NetBios in the uTasker demo project (SP7).
I see a number of references to parameters->cDeviceIDName, but I don't see where the default value is written in there ???...

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Default NetBios name
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »
Hi Marc

The name is the same as that displayed as ID in the main web page. It is defined in application.c - see const PARS cParameters for the default value:
{'u', 'T', 'a', 's', 'k', 'e', 'r', ' ', 'N', 'u', 'm', 'b', 'e', 'r', ' ', '1',0,0,0,0,0},

Be careful with the length - this is in fact too long for NetBios so needs to be modified/shortened first.
It is not necessary to use this name - you can add a fixed one or use any other variables.

Have you also looked at this? - http://www.utasker.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0

Note that if you are not using DHCP you need to be very careful with the network mask used. NetBios needs an exact match otherwise its broadcasts don't always work. Using DHCP this is set correctly automatically.

Good luck

Regards

Mark

MarcV

Re: Default NetBios name
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 07:19:33 AM »
Thank you Mark!
I read the information on that link and succeeded in implementing the NetBios routines in an earlier service release of uTasker.
But then I started looking for the string "uTasker number 1" and couldn't find it anywhere. Now I see why I couldn't find it! :-[