Author Topic: pb update  (Read 9200 times)

Offline kenji

• View Profile
pb update
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »
Hi,

I work on  52233 DEMO Board, and I want to update my application on µtasker by http uploading but i have several problems. Effectively, I follow the instructions on tutorials and documents but that does'nt work.
First, I change parameters for Network, enable FTP, SMTP, Telnet and set for 100M lan. Then, i build my project with "build all" target.When i build with "build all", "uTasker_full.elf.S19"  contains the bootloader and the application? And when i build with "MCF52235EVB_ROM", "uTasker_full.elf.S19" contains only the bootloader?

In a second time, i program the project build for "build all" target  in internal flash, with CFFlasher. I reset the DemoBoard, and transfer the web pages by FTP. I go on 192.168.0.61, ip address given and this work. But when i want upload a new application there is a problem. I build my new application with "bare_min_app_rom" target, and I convert the "uTasker_BM.elf.bin" in "H_upload.bin" with tools. Then, i upload this file by web page and I must wait ten secondes. I wait, the demoboard reset, and the "menu" web page appear but there is'nt changements, the old application is still here. Can you help me please?

Sorry for my english.

Cordialy

Kenji

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: pb update
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »
Hi Kenji

The reason why your upload is not being accepted is because you need to program the boot loader + bare_min_app_rom images.

uTasker_full.elf.S19 is a stand-alone project without the boot loader. Although this allows the new software to be uploaded to its memoy it doesn't allows it to be swapped into possition.

Please follow the instruction in the following document carefully:
http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/BM-Booloader_for_M5223X.PDF

It explains which projects need to be built and how to use the CW FLASH tool to program them correctly.

Afterwards you will find that the SW update works correctly.

Good luck!

Regards

Mark

Offline kenji

• View Profile
Re: pb update
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:46:24 AM »
Thanks Mark.

Effectively i believed project utasker_full.elf contained bootloader too but I understand now.