Author Topic: Compiling uTasker with CodeSourcery GNU.  (Read 11976 times)

Offline aloft

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
    • View Profile
Compiling uTasker with CodeSourcery GNU.
« on: July 06, 2008, 02:07:30 PM »
Hello.  First, let me say, I've been impressed with what has been done on this project.  The Visual C++ simulator is awesome and clearly took a lot of work to create.

I've been trying to compile the uTasker project with the CodeSourcery GNU compiler.  To start, I copied the did a search-replace on all the arm-none-eabi-gcc with arm-stellaris-eabi-gcc which is Codesourcery's evaluation version.  This did build a .bin but it doesn't seem to work when I downloaded it to my LM3S6965 Rev. C evaluation board.  I didn't expect any OLED output but I did expect to see the device on the status page of my router when I plugged it in.  I was using this same router for the VC++ simulator so I think the router is setup properly (Masks etc).  I've attached just the makefiles of this project to save space as CodeSourcery_LM3SXXX_first_build_bin_makefiles.zip.

As a next step, to use the debugger, I needed a .axf file so I modified an existing CodeSourcery project to include the uTasker .c and .h files.  This also didn't seem to work.

Has anyone used the Codesourcery stellaris compiler with the uTasker successfully.  I'm sure that I'm missing a fundamental build issue, but the .map file looks fine to me.

Thank you,

TW.

Offline mark

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3237
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Compiling uTasker with CodeSourcery GNU.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 04:00:24 PM »
Hi

You may be fortunate since this problem may have recently been solved (thanks to Alan P.). I have to admit that the Luminary project (being quite new adn not yet greatly used) has not been tested in every possible configuration and it seems as though the linker script delivered with it has an error. It positions the internal RAM correctly (from 0x20000000 with length 0x10000) but a section is set incorrectly as:
__SRAM_segment_start__ = 0x40000000
__SRAM_segment_end__   = 0x40008000


This looks as though it is from the Coldfire project...

The correct setting is:
__SRAM_segment_start__ = 0x20000000
__SRAM_segment_end__   = 0x20010000


I understand that this solved it for Alan so see whether it works at your end.

Regards

Mark

Note that also __FLASH_segment_end__  = 0x00080000; seems to be incorrect (512k), but this is not actually used. I have deleted it in my reference.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:04:03 PM by mark »

Offline aloft

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling uTasker with CodeSourcery GNU.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:13:29 AM »
Thank you Mark (and Alan P.).  I can at least ping now.  I'm having issues with a resetting FTP port, but thanks for getting me to this point!!

TW

Offline mark

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3237
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Compiling uTasker with CodeSourcery GNU.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »
Hi T.W.

Check out the FTP document: http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerFTP.PDF

This may give you some ideas.

Regards

Mark