Author Topic: The forums is not well suited for IE  (Read 8041 times)

Offline seulater

• View Profile
The forums is not well suited for IE
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »
you probably know this, but the forums and the main web site are not well suited for IE 7

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: The forums is not well suited for IE
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:44:55 PM »
Hi

Can you explain a little more detail? We spend a lot of time testing with IE7, Firefox and IE6 when it was created. IE6 clips the right hand side of the text off slightly - we tried a long time but couldn't find a solution for this - and eventually decided that IE7 and Firefox are the most important and these seemed OK. Generally we advice Firefox since it is usually superior.

I don't actually do much work with IE7 so possibly I didn't notice some problems.

If you can give me a tip what is disturbing I can see whether the forum designer can have a look at it (the company is linked to at the foot of the page).

Regards

Mark

Offline seulater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:25:39 PM »
sure, it clips the bottom, i can barley see the "Live demos" button on the left and the right is allways cliped. the site and the forum work just fine in Opera and firefox.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.

The navigator on the left has a fixed height and so it depends mainly on the screen size and resolution. On a small screen it may just be slightly big - it can not be scrolled. On a big screen with high resolution it can appear much smaller. It may be that your secreen/resolution is set so that status bar at the bottom or navigator etc. at the top loses enough space with IE that it just startes getting clipped.

The loss of the right of the screen is known with IE6 but I though that it was Ok with IE7 (?). I will have to check again.

For the moment please stick with Firefox (I understand you also use it) since this works very well.

Regards

Mark

Offline seulater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »
i dont think my screen res. is the problem. i am at 1024x768, and when i use firefox then i can see the right side just fine. only in IE7 does the bottom get croped off.