Author Topic: File System in SPI EEPROM  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Jacobo

• View Profile
File System in SPI EEPROM
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:53:21 AM »
Hi Mark!

I'm using the M52233DEMO with uTaskerv1.3.0_SP6.
I need enabling the File System in a SPI EEPROM, i read uTasker_SPIEEPROM.PDF but in what file I can find it SPI_FILE_SYSTEM, FLASH_FILE _SYSTEM, SPI_INTERFACE and EEPROM_16K, EEPROM_32K and EEPROM_64K?

You can send the code changed for me to stay clear?

Thanks

Jacobo

Offline bert

• View Profile
Re: File System in SPI EEPROM
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 02:03:09 AM »
Hi Jacobo!

What compiler are you using? CodeWarrior have a nice feature, ctrl+shift+M (find in files).

The SPI_FILE_SYSTEM define is also found in config.h, line 85.

Regards
/Bert

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: File System in SPI EEPROM
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »
Hi Jacobo

As from Coldfire SP5 the SPI EEPROM support has not been maintained. [SPI FLASH support has replaced it due to the fact that it is usually a much preferred solution - much larger memory, faster writing and cheaper chips].

It should be possible to still use the SPI EEPROM support as long as the following are respected:
1) The define SPI_FILE_SYSTEM must be enabled, but FLASH_FILE_SYSTEM must be removed!
2) The parameters (if used) also need to be defined in the SPI EEPROM address range (SPs pre-SP5 should do this - as reference)
3) The variable unsigned char usRead[4]; in fnGetParsFile() in M5223x.c will cause an error and needs to be moved to the start of the function. This configuration has not been tested for a long time and I have only just noticed this...

But, I do recommend using an SPI FLASH rather than SPI EEPROM for new projects and then you can profit from the much better support (is can be mixed with internal FLASH file system and supports ATMEL, ST and SST devices in the latest SPs).

See also the following: http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerFileSystemSPI_FLASH_003.PDF
This depreciates the original SPI EEPROM document http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerSPI_EEPROM.pdf

Regards

Mark

PS. The SPI EEPROM support will not be found in newer uTasker projects (eg. LPC, Luminary) due to the fact that the SPI FLASH support has completely replaced it.