Author Topic: Execution PRoblem for Simulator  (Read 8806 times)

Offline cstrahm

• View Profile
Execution PRoblem for Simulator
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
Trying to get the simulator running,  as per the PDF file instructions on LPC23XX.  I have Visual-6 and Wireshark.  Win2K/SP4.  It builds fine, but when I execute I get a dialog saying AppError, when I close that I get another dialog saying SHW95DLL.DLL error as shown below.  Any ideas?

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Execution PRoblem for Simulator
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:36:36 AM »
Hi

It looks as though the simulator is trying to read memory from 0x120094 and causing an exception.
You should be able to see the line of code doing this and then it should be possible to explain why.

The demo project doesn't seem to suffer from this but it is possible than some configuration changes are causing the project to try to access outside of the simulated FLASH (the address looks a bit like a FLASH address).

Can you see whether you can identify the line of code?
Does it do this immediately after starting or on a certain action?

Regards

Mark

Offline cstrahm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
Your Uberwachung1 window shows this:

ptr_TCP   CXX0017: Error: symbol "ptr_TCP" not found
   http_session   CXX0017: Error: symbol "http_session" not found
   gen_details   CXX0017: Error: symbol "gen_details" not found
   uart_reg   CXX0017: Error: symbol "uart_reg" not found
   present_HeapSize   1405
   ucLPC23xx.ucWDOG   Error: cannot display value

The debugger seems to indicate that the access violation is coming from the SHW95DLL.DLL and there is no source for that, so it only gives me machine asm.
Happens as soon as I Execute.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
Hi

This is a bit tricky since I don't know what the SHW95DLL.DLL does, or how it is related.

Since the value of present_HeapSize i snot zero it looks as though the project code has started running though.

Can you see the call stack? This may give some indication of the path taken to get to the DLL.

Also, can you run a pre-built executable - http://www.utasker.com/Demos/exes/exes.html - on the same PC?

Regards

Mark

Offline cstrahm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
Tried your prebuilt example, it ran fine.  Call stack window on shows SHW95DLL.DLL single line entry with same adr.  This DLL is part of the Kensington mouse driver software.  I use an expert Mouse Trackball.  But it doesn't seem to bother your prebuilt exe.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:29:42 PM »
Hi

This sounds as though there is a difference between the executable and the build you made on your PC. Or maybe it is dependent on where the exe is running from (?).

Have you the the possibility to see whether this problem is restricted to one PC? Or perhaps a certain Windows version (?)

Unfortunately I don't know what advice to offer since it sounds as though the crash is in another program (the DLL which is not being called by the simulator). This may mean that the simulator is overwriting some memory outside of its working area and corrupting a DLL (?).

Have you tried stepping through the code in the simulator to see how far it actually gets? I think that the initialisation was called (as the heap counter was not zero). Also are you testing with the exact setup as delivered or are there changes which may be causing it to behave a bit differently?

Regards

Mark