Author Topic: New Coldfire M522XX parts  (Read 8845 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
New Coldfire M522XX parts
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »
Hi All

In case anyone doesn't keep up to date with the Freescale product portfolio for the M522XX Coldfire parts, there have been a few new ones announces - also some user manuals have been reworked and no longer have preliminary status. It may be worth updating your copies.

See the following:
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&message.id=3206&jump=true#M3206

As far as I understand it, the new ones tend to expand the range of memory and possibly price by offering reduced RAM and reduced maximum speed.

Regards

Mark

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: New Coldfire M522XX parts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:35:43 PM »
Hi All

A short follow up.

I have learned that the RTC on the new M5221X has a crystal circuit with a battery backup input. This means that it can be used as a real RTC and not just as a time event generator.

The development version of the uTasker is operational also on the M5222X and the part is correctly simulated (EVB in operation).

The simulator also works with the M5221X (but not yet validated on an EVB). This part has a second I2C bus which has not yet been added to the IIC driver code but will be shortly.

This means that the next SP will include M5223X, M5222X and M5221X device support using corresponding project define. For anyone which doesn't already realise it - the present version also supports the M5213.

Regards

Mark