Author Topic: Troubles with uTasker Simulator (Unhandled Exception)  (Read 7851 times)

Offline paulk

• View Profile
Troubles with uTasker Simulator (Unhandled Exception)
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »
First, let me say hello!  I'm new to the world of highly embedded, powerful microprocessors, and am exited to use a tool like uTasker to discover it.

I'm running the tutorial for the LM3Sxxxx parts.  Everything is going well, but I ran into a hitch with the simulator.  Basically, it works, and I can ping, http, and FTP to the simulator, but when I do an FTP "dir" command, it crashes with the following error:

When I hit "break", it takes me to the line with the "while" loop in the following code:
Code: [Select]
static USER_FILE *fnNextUserFile(USER_FILE *ptrFiles, MAX_FILE_LENGTH *FileLength, unsigned char *ucMimeType)
{
    while ((ptrFiles != 0) && (ptrFiles->fileName != 0)) {
        if (ptrFiles->ucProperties & FILE_INVISIBLE) {
            ptrFiles++;                                                  // jump the invisible file
            continue;
        }
        *FileLength = ptrFiles->file_length;
        *ucMimeType = ptrFiles->ucMimeType;
        return ptrFiles;
    }
    return 0;                                                            // no more user files
}

Any ideas?  I took out the "dir" statements from the file referenced to by the .bat file, but I'd like to trace this problem.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Troubles with uTasker Simulator (Unhandled Exception)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »
Hi Paul

This is an error in the present release version as described in the following thread:
http://www.utasker.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.msg3165#msg3165

Simply change #define user_files_are_in_internal_flash 1 to#define user_files_are_in_internal_flash 0 (in ftp.c) and it will then operate correctly in the simulator (this is a simulator issue so doesn't change anything on the HW target).

Regards

Mark