Author Topic: Complie / build problem  (Read 10476 times)

Offline kmjackson

• View Profile
Complie / build problem
« on: November 27, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »
I'm new to all of this and would appreciate some help.

I'm trying to build the "AT91SAM7X Tutorial - Ethernet and the Simlator" project using the Win32 uTasker SAM7X plus GNU build.  I have g++ lite installed form codesourcery.  Anyway, I keep getting the following error.

Linking...
arm-none-eabi-gcc -march=armv4t -mlittle-endian -mthumb -mthumb-interwork -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I../../uTaskerV1.4 -D _GNU -D _HW_SAM7X -g -c -Os ../application.c -o Build/application.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -march=armv4t -mlittle-endian -mthumb -mthumb-interwork -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I../../uTaskerV1.4 -D _GNU -D _HW_SAM7X -g -c -Os ../application.c -o Build/application.o, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
cs-make: *** [Build/application.o] Error 2

Thanks for any help

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Complie / build problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »
Hi

This is an error from the make file saying that it can't find the compiler command (although the error messages are not very easy to understand...).

This means that, although you have installed the compiler, the environment has not been configured so that the process executing the make file knows where it is. The easiest way of solving this is to edit the file Build_SAM7X.bat in \Applications\uTaskerV1.4\GNU_SAM7X
Here is the original path entry, which enters this path when the bat file is started so that the directory is searched for the commands
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:/Program Files/CodeSourcery/Sourcery G++ Lite/bin

Modify it to suit the location where you have installed the compiler on your PC. In the bin directory you should find the exe files like arm-none-eabi-gcc1.exe etc.

Another possibility is that the environment variable is fine (eg. CodeSourcery changed this during installation) but the name of the compiler has changed in this version. In this case, open the make file make_uTaskerV1.4_GNU_SAM7X in \Applications\uTaskerV1.4\GNU_SAM7X in an editor and change the following to suit the names in your installation:

CC      = arm-none-eabi-gcc
CC_OBJ  = arm-none-eabi-objcopy
CC_SIZE = arm-none-eabi-size

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:31:56 PM by mark »

Offline kmjackson

• View Profile
Re: Complie / build problem
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »
Thank you