Author Topic: LPC17XX V1.4-Beta  (Read 8901 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
LPC17XX V1.4-Beta
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:52:56 PM »
Hi All

There is now a Beta version of the LPC17XX package available for any brave Beta testers.

Preferably users of the LPC2XXX who have a small amount of experience with the uTasker project and can then relate to the same project moving to the new chip.

If you are interested please contact me by email.

Here is the Beta status report:

- The V1.4-Beta of the LPC17XX project has been tested with GCC, Rowley and Keil.

- The UARTs and Ethernet are working together with the internal file systems and parameter blocks. When SDCARD support is enabled it also works according to the SD card user's guide, allowing web pages to be served from the SD card.

- Target tests have been made on the Olimex LPC1766 but also made a setup for the MCB1700 (untested) is prepared.

- Only a reduced configuration with Keil (with UARTs and menu interface but with Ethernet and SC card disabled) was verified due to 16k limit. Also it was not possible to download to the board from Keil using U-Link (there was an error which appeared and disappeared too quickly to work out why but probably a script problem and so "fixable" by any hardened user...). I was possible connect to the board with ULink but it looked like it was stepping through the internal boot loader and then lost contact. Therefore the Keil uVision3 generated hex file was simply loaded using FlashMagic, which ran, so the build seems to be correct.

There are 2 special points:

1) The parameter blocks are situated between 0x1000 and 0x3000. (there are no small FLASH sectors at the end of these chips and so this is the only realistic place for them in internal FLASH). This means that the setup is special to avoid code being located there, however when loading binary it will usually fill the space with 0 and so destroy any parameters stored (loading hex with FlashMagic avoids this).

2) Since the uTasker project prefers to have interrupt vectors in SRAM (also handy for boot loader compatibility) these are presently at the end of the 32k of peripheral RAM. This is no problem for the LPC1766 and LPC1768, etc. but the smaller 8 and 16k RAM parts have no peripheral RAM and it seems as though the LPC17XX doesn't conform to Cortex M3 RAM location rules and so can't server interrupts from there. If a way around this can not be found these will have to be restricted to vectors in FLASH. For the moment not a pressing issue for the larger parts.

Regards

Mark

Offline jezc

• View Profile
Re: LPC17XX V1.4-Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »
Hi Mark,

If you manage to add IAR support to the others, I'll be more than happy to try it out on the IAR dev board (which I think is a rebadged Olimex)!

Cheers,
    JezC

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: LPC17XX V1.4-Beta
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:01 PM »
Hi Jez

Yes, this is the Olimex board with IAR silk-screen. Interestingly it is called an LPC1768 but the photo shows that the board is labeled with LPC1766-STK (the 68 has 512k FLASH, while the 66 has 256k). The chip on mine is really a 66 and has definitely no more that 256k FLASH.

This means that the hex file at http://www.utasker.com/SW_Demos.html#LPC17XX should run on your board.

I don't have an IAR5 project at the moment (the IAR5 on my PC conflicts with my IAR4 license and so refuses to do anything, meaning that I need to work on a different PC with it - that is why it tends to be put off until last...I don't see any problems getting this ready - may take 20 minutes or so as long as nothing unexpected happens).

Can you check that the demo hex works and then we known that the config can be used on Olimex and IAR boards, and I'll send you the IAR project as soon as it is ready.

Regards

Mark