Author Topic: HTTP POST  (Read 7575 times)

Offline benoit

• View Profile
HTTP POST
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »
hye
I want to send an HTTP POST to a server for save some informations.
for do this i want to use HTTP in client mode and not in server mode.
(I don't want to use HTML but just HTTP)
it is possible to do this with uTasker?
thanks

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: HTTP POST
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
HI

uTasker HTTP includes HTTP post support because this involves recognising certain HTTP headers being received to identify the content that is arriving and then also separate the content(s) from header information. The content is either saved as a file or passed on to the application.

It doesn't include HTTP post as client. But, a HTTP client is essentially a TCP client on (typically) port 80. Also the content sent be the client can be quite easily defined by the application. This means that the application can perform HTTP post without any special support since it essentially means building a suitable header (simply copying the content sent by a computer using this sequence is a good starting point) - after the header has been sent the content can follow. As long as the header is constructed correctly (details about the data start and length is included in it and it can also send multiple data - but must not) it is complete.

To summarise, a standard TCP client is needed and it must first send a correctly formatted header, but that is about it.

Regards

Mark