Author Topic: Error disabling HTTP dynamic content generation  (Read 8721 times)

Offline cvela

• View Profile
Error disabling HTTP dynamic content generation
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »
Hi!

I'm using the simulator and when I try to disble the generation of HTTP Dynamic content undefining the symbol HTTP_DYNAMIC_CONTENT in config.h, i get a compilation error in http.c.
The error is 'DynamicCnt is not a memmber of stHTTP'. It appears at lines 283, 1099 and 1100.

What am I missing? Is it necessary to comment out any other symbol or something else?

Really it is not a problem. I don't need this feature and I'd like to eliminate it just to reduce the code size and for clarity, but for the moment is not a problem for me.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Vela.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Error disabling HTTP dynamic content generation
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
Hi Carlos

I can confirm this and suggest the following modification in the HTTP struct in tcpip.h so that this configuration is possible:

Original:

#ifdef HTTP_DYNAMIC_CONTENT
    #ifdef HTTP_USER_DETAILS                                             // {10}
    void *ptrUserData;                                                   // pointer to memory containing connection details needed by application
    #endif
    #ifdef HTTP_WINDOWING_BUFFERS
    LENGTH_CHUNK_COUNT DynamicCnt[1 + HTTP_WINDOWING_BUFFERS];           // reference during dynamic content generation {10} array {12}
    #else
    LENGTH_CHUNK_COUNT DynamicCnt[2];                                    // {12}
    #endif
#endif

New:

#if defined HTTP_DYNAMIC_CONTENT && defined HTTP_USER_DETAILS            // {10}
    void *ptrUserData;                                                   // pointer to memory containing connection details needed by application
#endif
#if defined HTTP_DYNAMIC_CONTENT || defined HTTP_WINDOWING_BUFFERS       // {35}
    #ifdef HTTP_WINDOWING_BUFFERS
    LENGTH_CHUNK_COUNT DynamicCnt[1 + HTTP_WINDOWING_BUFFERS];           // reference during dynamic content generation {10} array {12}
    #else
    LENGTH_CHUNK_COUNT DynamicCnt[2];                                    // {12}
    #endif
#endif

The problem was that DynamicCnt[] was also being used for HTTP TCP windowing and so demanded that HTTP_DYNAMIC_CONTENT was enabled. This now compiles and seems to be OK for standard HTTP operation, even when HTTP_DYNAMIC_CONTENT is disabled.

Regards

Mark

Offline cvela

• View Profile
Re: Error disabling HTTP dynamic content generation
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »
Hi Mark!

Many thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Carlos Vela.