Author Topic: Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol) anyone?  (Read 6807 times)

Offline kaflick

• View Profile
Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol) anyone?
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »
Is there anyone using uTasker and/or the M52235 family with the Ethernet/IP industrial protocol?

We are doing so and would like to know if anyone else has fought their way through.

We are using the Real Time Automation Ethernet/IP stack and would like to know what other
people are using.

For those who don't know the Ethernet/IP protocol is used over Ethernet (obviously) and the
main use for it is to allow remote access as a digital I/O board.  Bits can be turned on or off
and parameters passed in a protocol that allows a (semi) real-time access.

Keith Flick

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol) anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »
Hi Keith

There may be a project using the MOLEX Ethernet/IP stack - I will have to ask about progress though since I don't know whether it was completed: http://rhu004.sma-promail.com/SQLImages/kelmscott/Molex/PDF_Images/987650-3333.pdf

Regards

Mark

P.S. Have you completed your work or are you still battling with it? Did you manage to do it with the uTasker on an M52235?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:36:29 PM by mark »

Offline kaflick

• View Profile
Re: Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol) anyone?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »
We have had it working almost 100% for a little less than a year.  Our one problem
is on receiving an ethernet packet it seems to pass the hardware OK and on the DMA transfer
to the buffer for use the last few bytes are replaced with all 1's.  This happens anywhere
from once a day on some units to never on others. There are constant transmissions at a 8-9
millisecond rate and very rarely does this happen.

We have no idea if this is a software, processor or board design problem.  I happens so rarely
it is very hard to grab, many of the installations never see it at all.

There hasn't been any developments on hardware or software fixes for this processor that
are involved with the ethernet communication in the last few months has there?

I didn't see anything in your update descriptions that look likely but we still have hope that
something will break.

Keith Flick