Author Topic: LPC23XX - Welcome  (Read 10256 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
LPC23XX - Welcome
« on: July 09, 2007, 10:38:09 PM »
Hi All

The NXP LPC23XX was announced quite a long time ago. I think that it was originally foreseen for Q1 2006. Around Q3 2006 there were still no signes of it and there was a report of it being delayed until 2007.
But suddenly it was indeed available in Q3.

So I didn't delay in ordering my own eval board, which I also finally received in December 2006. I had been closely watching the NXP reports and the Yahoo forum where NXP has done a poll of members in an attempt to define the perfect chip including Ethernal (needs external PHY), USB (device) and a good balance between other peripherals, fast I/O, good operating speed and even external bus capabilities. Some rumours say that it is also the best ARM7 in its class. On the other hand there seem to be some nasty bugs in the first silicon.

But I don't really know the full details - the reason is that I had such a lot of work with the STR91 development and several projects using it, that I got totally behind with the NXP. Now it is time to catch up and work is now in progress to get to know the full details, port all drivers and get the uTasker project up and running in a stable state. The simulator has already been abapted and progress is being made. I do like what I have seen up to now...

I am using the Keil MCB2300 with LCP2378 device together with IAR embedded workbench and J-Link ARM debugger. Of course a GNU based project will also be made available.

So if you know more than me - which is not that difficult - then here's your chance to help us out. Or else if you are interested in participating in its development just let me know. On the other hand you can watch this space for updates as the development shapes up and decide if and when you may like to give the package a try.

Please use this forum section for anything to do with the NXP LPC23XX.

I look forward to reading your topics.

Regards

Mark

By the way. I did work quite intensively with the LPC210X a few years ago and found it a really nice chip. Unfortunately it doesn't have Ethernet but once the LPC23xx package is completed it may be worth while making a back port to this device. No promises but who knows...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:09:31 PM by mark »