Author Topic: simulator load wireshark file problem  (Read 8526 times)

Offline ms

• View Profile
simulator load wireshark file problem
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
Hello,

I have Visual Studio C++ 2008 installed on my XP PC. I have followed the simulator tutorial successfuly. But in the off-line simulation section when I choose Wireshark-> Load Wireshark/Ethereal file to play back it hangs there and open file dialog is not shown. It gets stuck there. Do you have any idea what could be the reason?

Thank you,
Murat.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: simulator load wireshark file problem
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »
Hi Murat

I am sorry but I haven't heard of this problem and I also can not reproduce it when testing the project with VS 2008.

If you have enabled UART use you could try disabling it. The reason is that I did sometimes have a problem with the SIM FILE dialogue when there was UART simulation active at the same time (with data being transmitted and received). Without this activity it was then OK - some thing which I can't explain since the dialogue is very deep in Windows and I don't see any reasons for this or how to control it.

Regards

Mark

Offline ms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »
Hi Mark,

As you said, when I commented out SERIAL_INTERFACE definition in config.h, the problem resolves. Dialog box appears and it lets me select wireshark files.

Thank you,
Murat.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:21:20 PM »
Hi Murat

Thanks for the feedback. I am very pleased that there is at least a workaround (even if restrictive).

This also seems to confirm that the COM port operation somehow can disturb the explorer dialogues (as used to search and select a file on the PC). At the moment this is still a mystery to me - maybe a different file search interface would be possible? Any suggestions from more experienced Windows programmers?

Regards

Mark