KINETIS K CortexTM M4, KL CortexTM M0+, KV CortexTM M0+/M4 and KE CortexTM M0+Freescale Semiconductor's Kinetis family offers up to 150MHz operation, 256k SRAM and 1M FLASH together with on-board Ethernet with IEEE 1588, dual-CAN, USB HS/FS OTG, FPU and encryption functions.
The µTasker project allows you to immediately take advantage of this major force in embedded connectivity!
The Kinetis support is available as µTasker processor project containing "Bare-minimum" boot loader, serial loader and the µTasker V1.4 application that operates on all supported devices and boards. This includes integrated µTasker OS, drivers, TCP/IP stack, USB device stack with flexible composite capability, utFAT, command line interface shell and many further features for a complete out-of-the-box project framework.
Non-commerical use is unrestricted and completely free of charge, but supported in the µTasker forum.
Commerical evaluation is completely free for a trial period (typically 30 days), including full email support. Royalty-free commercial licensing costs just $485 including personal email and telephone support!
The complete V1.4.7 project code can be downloaded freely from KINETIS Project Code although it is recommended to fill out the registration to make the most of your experience with the project and for access to latest resources and developments.
The µTasker serial boot loader (SD card, USB-MSD, USB-HID [KBOOT compatible], UART [KBOOT compatible or SREC], Ethernet - enable just one or mix them as you desire!) can be used with any application, so even if your Kinetis applications have been developed with other solutions the serial boot loader can be used - licensing only the serial loader part of the projects is possible, including support, and is discounted by 50%.
See the following video for a quick start guide to the Kinetis K/KL/KE/KV package based on CodeWarrior use (valid for KDS too) to see how versatile and simple it is to get a project for any device/board running:
µTasker Quick Start Video Guide for Kinetis and Codewarrior 10.5
Here are some selected resources which may be of particular interest to owners of the original KWIKSTIK and K60 tower boards. For more details and references for many other parts and boards click on the links to the specific boards above.
Registered users can also get latest development code for newest boards, devices, drivers and protocols on the Kinetis Developer's Page.
- µTasker Kinetis K60 demo user's guide - Getting started with the TWR-K60N512 tower kit board and testing the USB and Ethernet features of the µTasker
- SW demo for Kinetis TWR-K60N512 board - Web server, TELNET, FTP server, FTP client, SD card FAT32, USB MSD, TFT display
- USB MSD boot loader demo for Kinetis TWR-K60N512 board - as detailed in serial loader quide
- USB MSD boot loader demo for Kinetis KWIKSTIK - as detailed in serial loader quide
- µTasker Ethernet/Simulator tutorial for the Kinetis K60 - see how the µTasker simulator allows greatly increased development efficiency
- µTasker USB Demo - Guide to running the µTasker USB CDC demo (Terminal menu, USB<->RS232 bridge and USB firmware upload).
- Getting started quide - Quick start instructions to beginning and getting the most out of the project experience
µTasker Kinetis support. Copyright (c) 2004..2017 M.J.Butcher Consulting