Author Topic: m52235evb Help with Ethernet Problem  (Read 8205 times)

Offline JaimeR

• View Profile
m52235evb Help with Ethernet Problem
« on: February 24, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »
Hi Mark,

I have been working on uTasker for the  M522XX and I am having trouble to establish the link. I have done a lot of tests and nothing is working until now. I am trying to connect the M52235EVB to a PC directly using a crossover cable.
I have read about the AUTO_NEGOTIATE bug and I have set the parameters as suggested (FULL_DUPLEX and I have tried with both, LAN_10M and LAN_100M). I also remove the firewall from my computer and configured the Link Speed of my network device to Autodetect, 10Mbps/Full Duplex and 100Mbps/Full Duplex without any success.
After I program the board and push the reset button, the LNK, SPD and DUP leds turn on, then ACT and RX turn on too and after all ethernet LEDs turn off and the LED1 start to blink. Communication doesnt work. I cant find the problem.

Thank you in advanced,

Regards,

Jaime

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: m52235evb Help with Ethernet Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
Hi Jaime

Have you verified that your board works with another reference SW? Eg. from the following page: http://www.utasker.com/software/software.html

I assume that you are using SP9 (or the Kirin3 package). Did you configure the project for the M52235EVB?
In config.h make sure that _M5221X, _M5222X and _M5225X are not enabled - thus selecting the M5223X family.
Then ensure that M52235EVB is active.

If you happen to be using a different configuration it may explain why the Ethernet is not working - although the run LED may still operate.

Regards

Mark