Author Topic: Setting Device Type for CW10.x Flash programming  (Read 6199 times)

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Setting Device Type for CW10.x Flash programming
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:00:21 AM »
Hi All

One of the most frustrating things that needs to be done with CW10 when programming a new device type is setting up the Flash programmer to match the new part.

Setting the new part is of course not the actual difficulty since it means simply selecting the required part's flash configuration file, but the problem is that when the window is opened to do this it is pointing to some path in the local project and one has to first identify where the part configurations are found.

To do this involves searching for the CW program install directory (quite easy) and then finding the .xml file matching the device - this is where it gets tricky. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of .xml files in the program directors and even multiple ones with names matching the parts that needs to be programmed and identifying the correct ones (in the correct directory) can be a source of much lost time.

This is a reference for myself to where the Kinetis flash configurations are found in the program directory (since I just changed to a new part and again had to spend 20 minutes trying to work out where they are again...)

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2\MCU\bin\plugins\support\TargetTask\Flash_Programmer\ARM

Next time I'll be able to look it up here instead...;-)

Regards

Mark