Author Topic: FTP and the simulator  (Read 9509 times)

Offline emussini

• View Profile
FTP and the simulator
« on: November 25, 2009, 05:43:05 AM »
Hello all, I'm new to uTasker. I received the uTasker package today, and started testing with the simulator target. This maybe a simple question, but using the DOS batch file to FTP the demo pages to the simulator, I noticed that the DOS FTP client connects fine, but when requesting the files directory from the simultor I get an access violation in FTP.C (line702). I checked the ptrFiles and it seems corrupted. The interesting thing is that I started playing with FTP.c and changed:

#define user_files_are_in_internal_flash 1
 to
 #define user_files_are_in_internal_flash 0

After recompiling, the FTP client connected fine and uploaded all the pages with no problems. Also the simulator started serving the web pages properly. Please help me understand this behavior. Thanks in advance.

Elio

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: FTP and the simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
Hi Elio

The reason for this is explained briefly here, and in a link there too: http://www.utasker.com/forum/index.php?topic=732.0

This is a setting that controls whether the simulator works from internal or external (SPI FLASH) FLASH when performing some operations - it was needed to get it to correctly handle "Embedded User Files" - see http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerUserFiles.PDF which can be partly in external SPI FLASH, and also in RAM. Generally this is not required but the simulator needed a slightly different setting to get it to work correctly. In the next release there is integrated control (no longer a test setting) so it handles thsi automatically and correctly.

The last release was sent out with this special setting set, which causes problems in the more general case. Your modification is correct and can be left like that unless you happen to want to test embedded user files in external SPI FLASH...;-)

Regards

Mark

Offline emussini

• View Profile
Re: FTP and the simulator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 03:18:16 PM »
Thanks very much for your fast and complete response, I really appreciate it. Shame on me for not looking for similar threads.

Elio