Author Topic: setting up for spi file system (but getting compiler errors)  (Read 8777 times)

Offline neil

• View Profile
setting up for spi file system (but getting compiler errors)
« on: September 16, 2008, 02:44:07 PM »
Hi,
  Im starting to use the SPI filesystem, and getting compiling errors. I made changes as discussed in the 'ufilesystem in SPI Flash' and got the following errors:

Error   : macro 'FILE_GRANULARITY' redefined
(included from:
 types.h:76
 config.h:414
 M5223X.c:65)
app_hw_m5223x.h line 68       #define FILE_GRANULARITY (1024)                                      // File made up of 1k byte FLASH blocks 

Error   : undefined identifier 'M95XXX_WRITE_ENABLE'
M5223X.c line 2310       static const unsigned char ucWriteEnable[] = {M95XXX_WRITE_ENABLE, TERMINATE_WRITE}; // enable write 

Error   : function has no prototype
M5223X.c line 2318           fnWaitWriteComplete();                                           // wait until free to write 

Error   : function has no prototype
M5223X.c line 2324           fnWriteBytesEEPROM(ptrEEPROM, 0, EEPROM_PAGE_SIZE);              // delete a page 

And quite a few more, but didnt list them here.

Neil

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: setting up for spi file system (but getting compiler errors)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »
Hi Neil

Which Service Pack are you using?

To use file system support in SPI Flash you need to define SPI_FILE_SYSTEM and FLASH_FILE_SYSTEM.
If you define SPI_FILE_SYSTEM without FLASH_FILE_SYSTEM it will use external EEPROM (this is generally not used any mode).

From the errors I think that you are defining SPI_FILE_SYSTEM without FLASH_FILE_SYSTEM (which is not correct if you are using SPI FLASH) but I also suspect that you may have an older SP which perhaps doesn't compile with this particular configuration (?). Checking the latest SP I could build with CW with all combinatons.

regards

Mark

Offline neil

• View Profile
Re: setting up for spi file system (but getting compiler errors)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »
Hi mark,
  Where do I find which SP I am using? I made sure I had both SPI_FILE_SYSTEM and FLASH_FILE_SYSTEM defined after I got the errors.

Neil