Author Topic: MAC definition with Network operations, I2C updating  (Read 8179 times)

Offline evgenik

• View Profile
MAC definition with Network operations, I2C updating
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »
Hi Mark.

1) I have any dilemma: when I want send email I need MAC defined to my Network but I cann't run Web server (can't view HTML files), but when MAC is disabled (cucNullMACIP) Web server work perfect but I cann't send email. On what to pay attention, in what there can be a problem?
2) I use I2C definition in fnConfigIIC_Interface() and call to RTC updating from external RTC in fnApplication() after
#elif defined TEST_DS1307
    if ((iRTC_state & (STATE_INIT_RTC | STATE_GET_RTC)) && (fnMsgs(IICPortID) >= 7))
{
}
sometimes a program start RTC updating  and sometimes is not present. Function to not anything returns. How to receive the answer from I2C confidently?

Thanks.
Evgeni.

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: MAC definition with Network operations, I2C updating
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »
Hi Evgeni

1) I don't know what the problem with the MAC address is. Normally the MAC is required only for Ethernet/IP to work and the higher level protocols are not independent on it. Possibly you have a problem with sending over a gateway (email) with particular settings.
What MAC address are you trying? Avoid MAC addresses beginning with an odd first byte since these belong to multi-cast groups (or similar) and could cause gateways to behave differently.

It would be interesting if you could send me recordings from the network in both cases.

2) The I2C implementation should return a response even of the chip is not present (the data will of course not be valid). Therefore HW reliability should not be the cause of any difficulties.
Is it possible to find out whether the reception is waiting (fnMsgs()) but the state has been changed before it could be read?
Or perhaps the task is not being started normally when the reception is complete, so never reading?

The RTC solution has been used in real projects without any known problems so at the moment I don't known what else to suggest. Do you have any more input which may help?

regards

Mark