Author Topic: fnFilterUserFile  (Read 5970 times)

Offline hervé

• View Profile
fnFilterUserFile
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »
Hi Mark,
I try to test my program with the simulator on the web part.
I got an error when trying to use a ptrFiles->fileName pointing to a bad area.
This test has to be modified for the simulator, don't you think so ?

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: fnFilterUserFile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Hi Hervé

I think that you are using a version of the project which is older than 08.10.2009. In my uFile.c I have the following:

08.10.2009 Add simulation support for embedded user files in file system {15}

Without this the simulator doesn't know whether it should take the addresses from its program space (this is protected and so cause an exception) or from the simulated FLASH space.

I suggest downloading the project latest version and checking for the changes necessary. The two routines that you have shown now look like this:

// The user files must be entered once. They can be removed by calling with a zero pointer
// Alternatively they can be changed by calling a different set of files.
//
extern void fnEnterUserFiles(USER_FILE *ptrUserFileList)
{
    ptrUserFiles = ptrUserFileList;                                      // enter the reference to the user files
    #ifdef _WINDOWS
    user_files_not_in_code = 0;                                          // {15}
    #endif
}

// Search through user files for the file name
//
static MEMORY_RANGE_POINTER fnFilterUserFile(CHAR *file_name)
{
    USER_FILE *ptrFiles = ptrUserFiles;
    if (ptrFiles == 0) {
        return 0;                                                        // no user files registered
    }
    #ifdef _WINDOWS
    if (user_files_not_in_code != 0) {                                   // {15}
        ptrFiles = (USER_FILE *)fnGetFlashAdd((unsigned char *)ptrFiles);
    }
    #endif
    while (ptrFiles->fileName != 0) {
        const CHAR *ptrName = ptrFiles->fileName;
    #ifdef _WINDOWS
        if (user_files_not_in_code != 0) {                               // {15}
            ptrName = (const CHAR *)fnGetFlashAdd((unsigned char *)ptrFiles->fileName);
        }
    #endif
        if (uStrEquiv(file_name, ptrName) != 0) {
            return (MEMORY_RANGE_POINTER)ptrFiles->file_content;         // return the start of the file
        }
        ptrFiles++;
    }
    return 0;                                                            // no file found with that name
}

There is a global flag which the simulator uses so that it knows where its should be working from. It is also used at some other locations, including the FTP server, so you will need to make sure that you integrate all changes.

Good luck

regards

Mark