Author Topic: problem with SD card  (Read 7237 times)

Offline neil

• View Profile
problem with SD card
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »
Hi Mark,
 I have a new project where I am using a 52233 , instead of the normal 52259 processor we use. I am using a 25MHz crystal, with only SPI atmel memory chip and SD card. The SD card CS is on QSPI_CS0 (PORT_QS_BIT3) , and the memory chip is on AN7. When the application starts it comes up with "SD-card V2 - standard" then right after
"TIMEOUT!!!"
"None-formatted SD-card"

Any SD card command that is entered is followed by "TIMEOUT!!!".

I have tried changing CommandTimeout, but with no effect. I am using a multi layer board and the SD card is only about one inch away from the processor. The SD Card works fine on our 52259 project, so I know the it is fine

Thanks
Neil

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:39:55 AM by neil »

Offline mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • uTasker
Re: problem with SD card
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
Hi Neil

There is no difference between the 52259 and 52233 in respect to the SD card interface (apart from maybe small differences in SW instruction timing due to different CPU speeds). Both use the QSPI for transfers and the timing will be more or less identical.

It sounds as though the initial part of the driver is OK but later on in the mounting sequence all communication stops.

Is is possible that the chip select to the SD card is reconfigured by other code at this point to that it stops working, or maybe the SPI interface format is reconfigured by other code and is no longer compatible? If you use the QSPI also for SPI Flash it may be conflicting there(?)

Regards

Mark